Monday 18 October 2010

2nd year: Publishing


For this brief i had to pick an author from a list, and design new covers for four of their books. Margaret Atwood was my chosen author. I did struggled at the start, as my choice of colours and type for my designs were rushed and poorly put together. After thinking more about the work i had done in the past, i change the media i was using. I ditched the pen and photoshop, and starting cutting up old magazines. As i am dyslexic i found reading the books wasn't the best way of understanding them in the time frame i had. Therefore i used short cuts, such as watching the film 'The Handmaids tale', and just reading the synopsis online.
I did at the end of this brief go back to drawing my our images just using black, red and white, which i did include parts of along side others in my finial outcomes.

Alias Grace

The Blind Assassin

The Handmaids Tale

Oryx and Crake

No comments:

Post a Comment